Joshua contributed to the design of the DulciForte. Russell Cook, the owner of Master Works, approached Joshua with the question, “what do you want in a hammered dulcimer?” After over four years of collaboration, the DulciForte was born. Joshua proudly plays the DulciForte, and you can hear it on his newest releases, including Pure Hammered Dulcimer.
The DulciForte is truly top-of-the-line in every way and, most importantly, is about quality sound and playability. It is for those who want the best without compromise. The increased size, along with Master Work’s unique design and techniques, creates a revolutionary instrument that is balanced, responsive, powerful, and pure. Once you hear it, you will understand! Like all Master Works instruments, the DulciForte is portable and only weighs approximately 18.5 pounds.
Range and Configuration
- A1–A6 for 5 total octaves and nearly 4.5 fully chromatic octaves
- 20/20+19 extended range configuration
- Extended range bass bridge available on either right or left side — right is most popular
Materials and Design Technologies
- Mahogany & redwood soundboard creates balance and adds a touch of attitude
- Dual-response bridges (morado combined with cherry) controls sustain in the lower range
- Carbon fiber core internal bracing enhances tuning stability and decreases weight
- Internal sealant improves tuning stability in new weather environments and humidity changes
- Slightly increased string spacing improves playing precision and accuracy
- Precisely designed pinblocks reduce weight
- Wound strings on lower courses add warmth and body
- Corner caps slightly reduce physical dimensions and prevent bruises during transport
- Stained soundboard
- Curly maple inlaid bridge markers
- Exotic wood endrails
- Endrail bindings to improve contrast between the endrail and soundboard
- Elliptical sound holes
You must be logged in to post a comment.